Skip to main content

Fantasy Formula 1 - Monaco: The other stuff

First off all, thanks, blogger, for taking me on and endless loop of having to sign in and still not letting me post a reply to a comment by Amy. So here's the response to that first:

"You'd have thought so! I think he's getting worse as time goes on though. Strange - drivers fall in and out of favour with me fairly often. I was really annoyed with Button a few years ago, but he seems to have matured nicely. My opinion of Nando seems to have bottomed out too and I've started to like him a bit again. Don't tell anyone, though..."

And here, remarkably early thanks to the Bank Holiday weather being duff, is the other stuff! Starting off with those oh-so-vital driver and team statistics:



Well done to Ollie C, whose score of 96 this race sneaks him into the top 3 scores of the season.


Naughty corner: I’m guessing you’ve probably figure out my opinion on that one already. To be fair, we do ask that drivers try to overtake whenever possible and speak their mind, but Lewis overstepped the mark a tad this time...

Hero: Button I think. He looked well placed for a shot at the win before a crazy regulation intervened when the race was stopped.

Fantasy Formula 1 driver of the day was Vettel with 26 points.

The top three drivers so far are Vettel on 150, Webber with 110 and Heidfeld on 105. Maldonado’s unfortunate late attack by Hamilton means he is still the only man without any FF1 points.

The top three teams so far are Red Bull on 150, McLaren with 116 and Renault on 110. Ferrari 4th? Cripes...

Heather had two races at the top, Neil managed three and I’m on my second. I’m still surprised, or maybe it’s just the botox treatment...

Only three competitors remain in negative points now. Mind you, we are nearly a third of the way through the season. Too late for a comeback? The gap from front to back widened a bit this time too – a sizable 336 points now.

Fantasy Formula 1: Where Lewis said “I’m disappointed, but I respect the stewards’ decision” and then shut up.

Next race: A fortnight until the Canadian GP on the 12th of June, and a chance for the Wall of Champions to claim some new victims...


(I suspect that any remaining cool I had left will now evaporate, but I'm currently listening to Olivia Newton John's Greatest Hits. I'm truly sorry...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malaysian Grand Prix - Vettel hot, but not bothered

Malaysia. It's always hot, and it always rains. Except the 2nd part is no longer true (unless you count the drizzly bit around lap 14). Saturday's qualifying session had highlighted the fact that Red Bull and McLaren seemed well matched on pace, but also that Ferrari were struggling. Whilst Vettel bagged another pole, followed by Hamilton, Webber and Button, Alonso was only 5th, and Massa 7th, with Nick Heidfeld an excellent 6th on the grid between the two red cars. At this point, I would like to break momentarily for a small rant: How many times do I have to say Heidfeld is good? Why wasn't he given a top drive years ago? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! ARE YOU BLIND!!!?? Ahem. The Hispanias somehow managed to a) turn up b) remember to bring cars c) get both of them on the track d) actually get both of them within 107%. Pretty remarkable really. Oh, and it didn't rain. Race day looked a more likely candidate for a drop of the wet stuff. The start was exciting, with

I know I'll regret this...

For @Feisty_Onion @BroughtonLass @LizWestmorland Me... before the grumpiness set in. Have a great weekend.

Senna bags Willy drive?

The great thing about F1 rumours is that they change every 5 minutes. Just last week it was looking like Barrichello might be back in at Williams, as new engines, tech staff and a general reshuffle would mean they needed someone who actually knew what they were doing in an F1 car. Which rules out Maldonado, obviously. Now it looks like Senna might be about to get a seat with the team where his Uncle lost his life. I'm sure Bruno's mum must be delighted. I don't hold with all this superstitious mumbo-jumbo though, and with the extraordinary level of safety in modern F1 cars, Bruno should be pretty safe. There is one significant problem with Williams signing him though - and this is going to be a bit unpopular I suspect - Bruno isn't very good. Yes, he put in a couple of reasonable performances with Renault, but Nick Heidfeld (ah... Nick and his lovely beard...) would have been able to do likewise, has he not been dropped. And then they dropped Senna too. Thi